The NBA has set its “tentative” Christmas Day schedule of five games, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Unlike previous seasons, this year’s Christmas slate comes on the third day of the season.
Per Woj, the games are as follows:
- New Orleans Pelicans at Miami Heat, noon EST
- Golden State Warriors at Milwaukee Bucks, 2:30 p.m. EST
- Brooklyn Nets at Boston Celtics, 5 pm. EST
- Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Lakers, 8 p.m. EST
- Los Angeles Clippers at Denver Nuggets, 10:30 p.m. EST
Perhaps the most interesting storyline here is Nets guard Kyrie Irving’s return to Boston — though the arena very could well be missing Celtics fans.
Also, LeBron James and the defending champion Lakers facing Luka Doncic and the Mavs is almost sure to make for some interesting TV.
The “tentative” aspect of the schedule, of course, is a result of the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19.